On 7 March, Senior Analyst Michael Taylor of IRENA participated in two panels at the World Bank workshop, Middle East & North Africa Concentrated Solar Power Knowledge & Innovation Program (MENA CSP KIP), a new programme designed to support officials exploring the potential of Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) as a sustainable source for the region’s rising demand for energy. In Ouarzazate, Morocco, Mr Taylor presented IRENA’s analysis of the cost reduction potential of CSP to 2025. Click here to view the presentations.
Presentations from IRENA's latest costs workshop, ‘Letting in the light: Unlocking the potential of solar energy’, from the World Future Energy Summit 2017 are available here. Other presentations on IRENA cost analyses include:
- Battery Storage: Accelerating the energy transition, IRENA Council, 23 May 2017. A presentation on how battery storage can accelerate the transition towards low-carbon energy systems.
- Perspectives for the energy transition: End-use sectors & heat pumps,12th IEA Heat Pump Conference 2017. A presentation on the decarbonisation of the end-use sector and the importance of heat pumps in this process.
- Renewables & energy efficiency: Delivering after COP21,15th International Energy Forum (IEF15). A presentation on the challenges and opportunities of meeting global climate targets after COP21, delivered by Michal Taylor on behalf of IRENA's Director General, Mr. Adnan Z. Amin.
- Solar and wind cost reduction potentials: CEM. A presentation on solar and wind cost reduction potentials delivered by Ms Elizabeth Press, IRENA Director for Planning and Programme Support, at the Clean Energy Ministerial Preparatory Meeting, 15 March 2016.
- The solar boom: Here or coming? A presentation on PV markets, drivers of future growth, deployment opportunities in Africa and current challenges of the sector presented by Michael Taylor at IRENA's 9th meeting of the Council.
- Renewables: The true costs; Renewable power generation costs in 2014. A presentation of findings from the most recent cost report: ‘Renewable Power Generation Costs in 2014’, as presented by Michael Taylor at IRENA's 5th Assembly.
- The true costs of solar PV: IRENA's cost analysis. Presentation on recent cost trends, solar resource deployment and upcoming IRENA work on accelerating cost reductions in Africa and the Solar PV Parity Indicator by Michael Taylor at the EU PVSEC Conference in Amsterdam.
- The true costs of renewables: Towards 100% renewable energy. For more information on the webinar and REN Alliance partners please visit the International Solar Energy Society.
- IRENA PV parity indicators: Tracking our future - Presentation at IRENA's 7th Council, 3 June 2014.
- Renewables: The true costs - Presentation at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 24 April 2014.
- IRENA's power generation cost analysi and geothermal. Webinar, 19 November 2013.
- Renewable power generation costs 2012: An overview.
- IRENA’s Power Generation Costing Analysis: PV in focus.
- IRENA’s costing analysis: Social acceptance Issue.
- IRENA's power generation cost analysis and support for renewables.
Increasing economies of scale, more competitive supply chains and further technological improvements will continue reducing the costs of solar and wind power. The same factors will also boost the availability of these key renewable power sources at night and in varying weather conditions.
- June 2016